Why give the selective school examination?
A high proportion of students gain entry to top Australian Universities in their chosen field of study.
Access to best teachers
Children get access to the best teachers in the school who have the required knowledge and skills to engage them.
Children motivation levels remain high due to the collaborative environment and good teacher support.
They work in a competitive environment which keeps them focused, disciplined and they work hard.
Impact of school ranking
The students in selective schools get a higher ATAR due to the better performance of the cohorts in these schools.
Children get high ATAR and end up in good universities in the field of their choice.
The Selective School Placement Test for entry to Year 7 in 2021 is Thursday 12 March 2020.
You can access the sample tests provided by the NSW Education Department below:
- Take a least 3-4 sharpened pencils, erasers, 2 pens into the exam.
- Reach the test centre 1 hour before the scheduled start.
- Do not study too much for a couple of days before the exam.
- Don’t spend too much time on a single question.
- Keep your cool and remember you don’t have to get 100%. No one will get 100%.